Most floral arrangements last 4-7 days or longer, depending on the flowers used and the care they receive.
- Fill a clean vase with water
- Remove leaves that will be below the waterline. Leaves in water will promote bacterial microbial growth that may limit water uptake by the flower.
- Re-cut stems by removing 1 to 2 inches with a sharp knife/clippers (be sure to use a sharp knife or clippers that will not crush the stems) Immediately place the stems into water
- If the water becomes cloudy, replace it entirely with new water. If possible, re-cut stems by removing 1 to 2 inches with a sharp knife.
- Keep flowers in a cool spot, away from direct sunlight, heating or cooling vents, or directly under ceiling fans. Most flowers will last longer under cool conditions.